Indeed it was. I've been so blessed in so many ways, even the few moments where I wished I had acted differently or wished I had not said anything at all were blessings in disguise.
Moving out of Valley Center was kinda tough, but I think it brought me closer to my parents again. It forces communication in my typical "don't share your feelings" Filipino family. And even though I will never like the idea of raves, I still do like Mike. I guess it was about time we had something to fight about? I think it was a good reminder for him to not take my trust for granted and for me to break down any insecurities I carried over from my previous relationships. Are we seriously hitting four years?? Long distance may not be my favorite thing in the world, but he definitely is.
I think my resolution last year was, "carpe diem!" And damn right I seized all 365 days! Traveled to New York with Mike, partied in San Diego like no other...and even brought it to the Bay and LA. Weekly dinners, downtown weekends, and random outtings at its' best. Good times all around...forreal.
So maybe it was a good thing I didn't get into nursing school this time around? I've learned more than I can imagine about myself and the people around me. My work experiences have expanded enormously. From working front and back office in a clinic to now working in clinical research, I've only reaffirmed my desire to become a nurse. My relationships with friends have grown deeper and I actually feel like I have a "group" in San Diego now.
The holidays and my birthday helped end the year perfectly. I've got everything I wanted from uggs, to a new camera, to a great hilarious family, to a wonderful group of friends who made 25 special, to finally spending a NYE with the boyfriend. I'm feeling pretty spoiled by life right now :)
Things can only get better from here right? I'm excited and anxious to see what happens this year...so what's my resolution going to be? Be more patient, be more kind, show more love. Despite all the great things that happened, I think I've developed some type of internal issue with my emotions. That and work on my horrible handwriting!
peace ya'll
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Everything was definitely a blessing, even the hardships you faced. I'm so glad I got to spend so much time with you in 2008, I'm going to be so sad and depressed when you leave me, but I'll be happy of course...bittersweet.
Cheers to 2009 sis!
Post a Comment